How can I ensure that I will be safe when going on dates?
While there is no guarantee of safety when going on a date with anyone that you meet on or off of our site, here are some dating tips to help protect you:
- There is no substitute for acting with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you.
- Never include your last name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your internet profile or initial e-mail messages. Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal or financial information or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
- If you choose to have a face-to-face meeting with another member, always tell someone in your family or a friend where you are going and when you will return. Never agree to be picked up at your home. Always provide your own transportation to and from your date and meet in a public place with many people around.
- Trust your instincts. If something seems shady, then you may want to reconsider going on the date.
- Try to verify that the member is who they say they are by using things such as, webcam, phone, social media, etc. Use your judgment.
- Always meet in a public place for your first date.
- Always let a friend or someone you are close with, know where you will be on the date and the time frame just as a precaution.
- If you feel that your safety is threatened while you are on a date, always have your phone handy so you could contact someone who could help you or in the worst case scenario, call 911.
These are just some basic tips. Use common sense. Most of the time, there won’t be a problem but like anything else, it’s better to be prepared for all situations.
Any questions we have not answered? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks and have fun!
~The Qutie Team